Mother Nature's Frozen beauty

December 05, 2016



I am a fervent lover of nature and that means that whenever I can I love to wander and bring my camera with me to capture the beauty that mother nature has to offer. I love the feeling to be out in nature, truly connect with it and pay attention to all the small details you otherwise would easily pass.

Whenever I'm going crazy on my knees to photograph a small leaf, for example, I am fully aware of my surroundings as well: the rustling of the trees, the chirping of the bird in the tree above me, the blackbird scratching for food on the ground, et cetera.This, to me, is pure relaxation in combination with photographing the world how I see it.

The Netherlands experiences véry cold days the past weeks and although I am very much a shivery person I decided to brave the cold very early in the morning to capture that beautiful layer of frost nature was still shrouded in.

Even though I live in the city, my hometown has a few beautiful spots where flora and fauna come alive and flourish, where squirrels are playing and butterflies dance. I love to go there every so often and take a deep breath and relax. I did so today as well. It was quiet, very cold, but the sun shone brightly on my face. I felt incredibly happy.

Suffice to say, I came home with a cold that nestled itself in my very bones and my fingers felt as if they would break in half if I were to bend them... but it was totally worth it. Of course, when I came home I had a huge cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream! ...Or two.

I wanted to share these pictures with you!

In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks. —  John Muir



You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. These pictures are simply gorgeous! <3
    Angela / MissAngelLane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, Angela. Your compliment means a lot to me!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images