Boho Hair Jewelry + updates

December 03, 2016



Hi, folks!

I thought it was time to let you all hear something from me again. I hope you are all doing fine, I certainly am. I have been following a completely new course in my life and that kept me busy for a little while, and of course I have been painting a lot, too, which gets almost all of my attention. In the near future, I'll post a few of my paintings again.

But there's more! Some of you already know this, but in 2017 I want to follow a new education, namely phytotherapy. I have been working with herbs for a really really long time already (my love for herbalism started young, I was 15) and I decided that it was time to take it a step further and actually have a degree in phytotherapy. And... who knows in the future start my own practice as a Phyto-therapist. That would be great, right? Getting my phytotherapy degree should be a piece of cake since I know all herbs and their Latin names by heart and also their medicinal purposes. I am looking very forward to it. I am very excited.

I just love foraging in the wild searching for herbs that I can use and study, and get a degree in herbalism and phytotherapy was a logical next step for me to take. I also LOVE to paint them in my leatherbound watercolor book. It's amazing when two passions come together like this.

 The above-pictured herbs are the ones I use the most these days (meadowsweet, lime blossom, elderflower, myrtle, peppermint, echinacea, and marjoram) since I suffer a chronic and tough to beat sinus infection this past year. I infuse these herbs and drink this tea daily in order to relieve symptoms and beat my sinus infection. If you have a sinus infection, too, feel free to ask for the recipe. These herbs really work miracles.

But, enough about herbs. Recently someone asked me a question and it was this: what are your trademarks in the "appearance department"? It got me thinking. I have had two for many years already: red lipstick and a sharp cat eye. And I still wear these two every day, as you can see on the pictures in this post, but I can now add a third: boho hair chains. I just love them so much and I already have quite the collection and wear them almost every day. They look amazing with loose wavy hair and they always make me feel like the women talked about in Arthurian legends like The Lady of Shalott, Isolde, and Guinevere.

Here a couple of photos of me wearing boho hair chains that I posted on Instagram!





What are your trademarks? I'd love to know.

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Dear Lindsay

    First of all - congratulations on your decision of pursuing your dream of phytotherapy! I'm very happy to hear about that and also curious on what you will share with us on this subject.

    I for one would very much like to have your Sinusitis-recipe. A dear friend of mine suffers from it and I would very much like to give this recipe to him.

    Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any herbal reccomandations for a clear and healthy skin? Your skin is porcellain-like...

    You can reach me via my E-Mail adress which I will post in a next comment which I hope you will not publish! :-)

    Besides: The pictures of your latest post are so beautiful! In my opinion they really show what a close relationship and deep understandung you have with nature.

    Take care,
    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images