Modelling The Mary Dress in Forest Green with Clambering Blooms by Heyday!

November 17, 2015


Note: This post contains products that have been sent to me for collaboration. Opinions given below are entirely my own.

This little photoshoot marked my somewhat comeback into modelling. I've placed modelling on the backburner for quite some time and wasn't actually planning on returning to it any day soon, but when I got this invitation from Heyday, I could not resist to let it pass. Addictive as modelling can be, I was on a roll and got a few offers from photographers I've worked with in the past, and I decided to jump at the chance.

But now back to todays topic: I remember when I started in 'the vintage scene,' the UK brand Heyday! by Shona was by far my favorite reproduction clothing brand, selling fashion that truly resembles the wardrobe of the 1930s and 1940s. The dresses, trousers and blouses, among other gorgeous pieces, made me drool.

Many years later, Heyday is still among my favorite brands and I was more than delighted when Shona asked me if I were willing to do some modelling for Heyday in a forest green dress with a gorgeous print of clambering blooms.

The Mary dress is a reproduction of a late 1930s / early 1940s dress and is incredibly comfortable to wear; it's very light and fluttery and gives rooms to move freely. It even feels so light that I was afraid that I'd might tear it with my sometimes clumsy manners when putting it on, but the fabric is sturdy and the dress well made. The fabric is viscose, also known as rayon to Americans. The dress has an invisible zipper in the back, and the a-line skirt falls flatteringly around the body, and skims hips and tummy. I feel so elegant in this dress!

The dress also has shoulderpads, something the dresses from the 1930s and 1940s often had, but these are easily removed if you wish so.

Forest green is a color that I want to wear more this autumn and winter, though I am afraid I need to pair this dress with a cute cardi and some thick stockings ... Europe is preparing for a cold, cold winter! But I cannot wait to wear the dress in all of its glory during spring and summer time.

 You can view my photos and, more importantly, purchase this dress on the Heyday website by following this link.

  





You Might Also Like

14 Comments

  1. I LOVE Heyday, I have one of their Fleur dresses and it is one of my favorites, their pieces are very high quality and really do have a vintage feel. This dress is absolutely stunning on you, I really love this classic 40s cut and the print too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fleur dresses are amazing, I have the daisy chain Fleur dress and it's one of my favorites aswell!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love forest green, I wish it was a more common color for ladies clothes these days. This dress looks great on you! Modeling sounds like fun to me, I'd love to shop at Heyday someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's one of my favorite colors, especially for the colder seasons!

      Delete
  3. Ah, you're so lovely! I'm always happy to see new modeling work from you, as your expressions are always the sweetest and your clothing, hairstyles and makeup looks all so top notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much! I am blushing! <3

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I really like the boldness of the floral pattern here and the immensely mid-century looking silhouette of this terrific frock. It looks fantastic on you, sweet dear!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica. The pattern is so wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Heyday is a brand I love, yet I sadly don't own any of their pieces myself. Thank you for sharing about this dress ~ it looks stunning on you and it's great to see it. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup.
    I say: some of you gals out there are meant to model. You are one suck lady. The camera loves you.. and your features are appealing. I love your hair color; switching from blonde to brunette was a good decision.. you look good. I hope you feel good, too.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a sweet comment, Marija, thank you so much. I really feel more like a brunette than a blonde and I've always felt so. Really weird if you consider my naturel hair color is blonde.

      Delete
  7. Lovely!!! This dress and colour looks smashing on you my dear :) I also have a Mary dress and it's so comfy..! One can put a cardigan on top paired with vintage winter booties and get use out of it during colder seasons too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, these colors are too gorgeous not to wear in the colder seasons.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images